Pullman Breville Tamp Base
Pullman Breville 54mm Tamp Base
We've made it simpler for you to choose your tamper. For more handle options please order your Breville BigStep base and Handle separately.
Breville machines give a great extraction but why not step up your parameters with a bigger base to cover more of the coffee bed?
The Pullman Breville BigStep base has been designed to tamp the maximum amount of coffee without jamming or creating a vacuum using the standard Breville double single walled filter basket. The benefit is reduced channelling. (Which can be seen using our NAKED Portafilter)
It has also been designed to be lighter in weight than the Barista model and also thinner. If you have no experience with dosing and dialling in your coffee, using the thinner base of the BigStep can help you with this.
Coffee needs space (headroom) to expand with the addition of water. A quick guide is the amount of coffee in the filter basket is to measure the distance between the bed of compressed coffee to the top of the filter basket. This should be as close as possible to the thickness of the tamper. The BigStep at full tamping depth should be at the top of the basket. You might need to adjust your grinder to get this number dialed in to your taste and recipe preference.
If the top of the tamper goes below the top of the filter basket then add more coffee, if the top of the tamper is higher than the top of the filter basket then remove some coffee.
All you need to do is unpack and you are tamper ready! With the Patented BigStep base, your Breville machine will deliver even more flavour as it's time to take your coffee to the next level.
With the perfect balance you see with every Pullman Barista tamper, you'll get a lifetime of service and great extractions from this tool of the trade.
Comes complete with 3 spacers to give you the perfect height and comfortable grip.
- Materials: Stainless steel
- Pullman Barista Tamper Base: 53.3 mm
- Pullman BigStep Tamper Base: 53.4 mm
- Compatible Breville / SAGE machines:
- BES 810, 840, 860, 870, 878, 880, Express
- BES 500
- Barista Pro
- Barista Tamper Base
- BigStep Tamper Base
* Rural and remote areas may attract longer shipping times but we make every effort to ensure we provide the fastest delivery times possible. * Please note bulky orders to rural, remote & offshore areas in excess of 25kg may attract additional delivery fees.
Delivery times above are estimates only. Delivery times apply from the date of dispatch, not the date orders are received and refer to business days not calendar days. We make every attempt to ensure all deliveries arrive within the estimated time frames above however sometimes events occur that are out of our control. If your order is more than 2 business days late based on the above guidelines please contact us and provide your name, order number and date of order. – Barista Warehouse Team
Barista Warehouse ReturnsBarista Warehouse offers a hassle returns and exchange policy that lets you return any purchased item for a store credit, refund or exchange for another item provided that it meets the following conditions:
- The item is returned within 14 days from the date of your order.
- Presents 'as new' in appearance, is unused and show no signs of use, wear and tear or damage. We cannot accept a return for items that have been used.
- Be packaged in it's original undamaged packaging with all product tickets and tags.
- The item's original packaging is not marked or used as the outer layer of packaging for transport. Please ensure you do not attach anything to the outside of the original packaging.
- Barista Warehouse is not responsible for any freight charges on returned items unless the item(s) being returned have arrived damaged or faulty in which case we will send a pre-paid return label to send the item back.
- Items being returned must include a copy of the receipt/invoice for the order.
- We do not accept returns on any machines, electrical parts, special order items, apparel, books, posters and dvds. So please choose wisely.
- Items returned with a value >$400 will be eligible for a store credit or exchange only.
All returns must be authorised by Barista Warehouse before sending the item back to us. Please contact one of our friendly Team Members via firstname.lastname@example.org or using the contact form online for our Returns Address and instructions to get the ball rolling and start the return process.
Incorrect/Faulty/Damaged ItemsIn the unlikely event that your order has been damaged on the way to you, is faulty on arrival or you have simply received an incorrect item in your order or it does not match the product description we will help to get this sorted for you as quickly as possible. Please notify us via email@example.com or using the contact form online within 3 business days of receiving your order of any discrepancies or damaged products and we will begin the hassle free return process. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. Faulty or damaged items are subject to the following conditions:
- If an item is faulty or damaged on arrival and the fault/damage amounts to a major failure of the product you are entitled to a refund or a replacement of the product.
- If the item fails to be of acceptable quality but the failure does not amount to a major failure you are entitled to have the item repaired or replaced. Barista Warehouse will determine the extent of the failure once assessed by a team member.
- Faulty/damaged items being returned must include a copy of the receipt/invoice for the order.