Baratza Forte AP coffee grinder
The Forté AP is a compact, commercial grade grinder, dedicated to grinding for ALL brew methods. The Forté AP incorporates many features that fit well into commercial operations, including: all metal construction; small footprint; intuitive control panel; and solid macro/micro adjustment. The Forté AP offers the ability to grind by time, for espresso dosing, or by weight. Coffee professionals find the Forté AP to be a versatile grinder for many situations – as a small restaurant and office espresso/brew grinder, as a Roaster demo grinder for wholesale tasting, or being a dedicated grinder for decaf or single origin in a café.
The Forté AP is a durable workhorse using a 54mm flat ceramic burr, which produces an accurate and precise grind, delivering exceptional cup quality for brew methods from espresso to press pot. We re-designed the guts of the Vario-W for commercial use. The Forté AP design includes a grinding assembly with a threaded burr holder which screws firmly into an all metal grinding chamber for a more accurate grind. A larger gear to belt ratio, combined with a more efficient DC motor increases the speed of grind and duty cycle.
- INTUITIVE INTERFACE: The Forte-AP allows you to dose by weight or time. Our signature dose-by-weight is accurate to plus or minus .2 gram. The touch activation awakens your screen with LED backlit technology. The touch screen controls all operations with three programmable dose presets; Up or Down arrows to increase or decrease dose values; and tare, manual, start or stop.
- ESPRESSO DOSING: A unique feature of the Forte is the ability to convert a weight preset into a timed value that is accurate within plus or minus .5 grams of the set point. This allows for weight oriented dosing for espresso.
- BURRS: The Forte-AP grinder comes with 54mm ceramic flat burrs for accurate and precise grinding. The Forté-AP grinds at an average of 2.0g/sec for espresso and 3.5 to 3.7g/sec for press pot. The range of grind is 230 to 1150 microns.
- ADUSTMENT/GRIND RANGE: An all-metal macro and micro adjustment system produces a positive feel and secure grind setting. The macro-adjust moves from fine to coarse grinding in 10 distinct and repeatable settings. A secondary micro-adjust further divides each of the 10 macro steps into 26 distinct settings. These steps, plus the new metal detents, enable fine-tuning with ease, dialing in the exact grind for the preferred brew method being used.
- HOPPER: The hopper holds approximately 300g of coffee. An innovative bean shutoff feature in the collar permits no-mess, no-fuss hopper removal for changing out beans. Bean “waste” (below the stopper) averages a surprisingly low 10g, once the hopper has been shut off (all weights are bean density dependent). A hopper extension is available that can add an additional 250g of capacity.
- RE-CALIBRATING BURRS: The Forte-AP is calibrated at the factory to ensure an accurate range of grind. If necessary, the Forte-AP burrs can be easily re-calibrated using the special calibration tool that comes with the grinder.
- CLEANING BURRS: Burrs can easily be removed for cleaning using the cast zinc tool that is included with your Forte.
See the Sette 270 from Seattle Coffee:
* Rural and remote areas may attract longer shipping times but we make every effort to ensure we provide the fastest delivery times possible.
Delivery times above are estimates only. Delivery times apply from the date of dispatch, not the date orders are received and refer to business days not calendar days. We make every attempt to ensure all deliveries arrive within the estimated time frames above however sometimes events occur that are out of our control. If your order is more than 2 business days late based on the above guidelines please contact us and provide your name, order number and date of order. – Barista Warehouse Team