Bellina UNO Coffee Syphon
The Hario Syphon Technica 3 Cup may look like a mad scientist’s experiment, but it brews coffee that’s velvety smooth in mouthfeel and richly vibrant in aromatics. The final coffee is so delicious that many around the world have dubbed it the finest filter coffee you can make.
The brewing process, while not exactly straightforward, isn’t difficult. The syphon (also called a vacuum pot) creates a vacuum that forces the water in the 360ml bottom chamber to rise to the top chamber, where the coffee grounds are located, to initiate the brewing. It’s stunning to behold.
Basic Hario Syphon Technica Instructions:
- Fill the bottom chamber with 335ml of hot water and light the alcohol burner below it.
- Insert the cloth filter to the upper chamber and pour in 20g of medium-coarse coffee grounds.
- Attach the upper chamber to the lower bulb and start a timer when the water rises.
- After 30 seconds of water/coffee contact, stir the grounds slightly.
- After 2 total minutes of brewing, remove the syphon from the burner.
- Once the brewed coffee drains, remove the upper chamber and enjoy.
The clever stainless steel and cloth filter combo keeps all grounds out of your brew. However, it does let the coffee’s natural oils through, which is what gives the coffee it’s wildly exotic aromatics and body.
When the brewing’s complete, take off the lid and flip it over. You can set the upper chamber into the lid’s protruding cylinder to catch extra drops while you enjoy the brew.
Both glass pieces are made Hario’s own durable borosilicate glass. The silicone band will also last you for years, as well as the metal stand and alcohol burner. Note: alcohol and extra wicks not included.
* Rural and remote areas may attract longer shipping times but we make every effort to ensure we provide the fastest delivery times possible.
Delivery times above are estimates only. Delivery times apply from the date of dispatch, not the date orders are received and refer to business days not calendar days. We make every attempt to ensure all deliveries arrive within the estimated time frames above however sometimes events occur that are out of our control. If your order is more than 2 business days late based on the above guidelines please contact us and provide your name, order number and date of order. – Barista Warehouse Team