Nucleus Coffee Distributor NCD
Nucleus Coffee Distributor
Making a perfect cup of coffee means using quality tools to help reduce variables to ensure you are consistent each time. Grind distribution is one of the many variables that can impact on quality and consistency of each shot. That is, until the invention of the NCD (Nucleus Coffee Distributor), and now with the release of NCD, the depth is easily adjustable to accommodate the desired dose and basket depth.
A textured, non-slip design around the sides provides grip and durability while the brass body helps eliminate static electricity, allowing for more even extraction.
- The NCD features four angled slopes that efficiently, evenly and consistently move the coffee around in a circular motion to create an even puck.
- Say goodbye to cracked coffee fingers after a day of service on the espresso machine.
- This tool can even suit those using very low doses or larger baskets and can be adjusted to suit a range of doses, depending on specific roasting styles.
- No need to collapse the dose. After extensive taste testing with multiple coffees and different roasting styles, Nucleus have found any form of collapsing to stratify grinds, creating very inconsistent extraction and qualities of taste (separate to yield). Each barista will also collapse differently, creating yet another inconsistency in the cafe. The NCD takes the same time to create a more even and consistent puck, giving more consistent and delicious extractions
- Less micro-channelling and channelling, improper or rushed distribution, is more likely to channel which can be disastrous to taste. Micro-channelling is also difficult to see at times and is more likely to happen with no distribution or inconsistent distribution - the NCD will remove this variable.
- Easily adjustable depth, simply loosen off the top section, set depth required using measured increments, tighten the top section back down.
- The NCD also features an advanced, static-reducing coating on the cross-arm base, eliminating the build-up of coffee grinds on the base.
- The NCD coating is low friction and also low static, it is almost a 0% friction material.
- The weight has also been adjusted so it is not as top-heavy, making it a little lighter overall. This improved weight distribution ensures a lower centre of gravity when being spun. This makes the workflow easier and the distribution more consistent.
- Lightweight build
- Available in Black, Titanium and Silver.
- Diameter: 58.5mm (Fits IMS or VST baskets)
- Material: Stainless Steel (centre part), anodized aluminium (Adjuster and Locker)
- Package Size: 90mm (W) x 90mm (L) x 58mm (H)
* Rural and remote areas may attract longer shipping times but we make every effort to ensure we provide the fastest delivery times possible.
Delivery times above are estimates only. Delivery times apply from the date of dispatch, not the date orders are received and refer to business days not calendar days. We make every attempt to ensure all deliveries arrive within the estimated time frames above however sometimes events occur that are out of our control. If your order is more than 2 business days late based on the above guidelines please contact us and provide your name, order number and date of order. – Barista Warehouse Team