Bruer Cold Brew System
The Bruer Cold Brew system takes its inspiration from the drip towers seen in cafes across the country. It brings not just the science, but the spectacle of cold brewing right into the home.
The glass construction allows visibility throughout, so you can enjoy watching the process, and monitor and manipulate as you see fit. The upper chamber houses the water and ice, with the coffee suspended in a separate chamber below. A flow regulation rod in the upper chamber allows you to precisely control the drip rate through the coffee, so you have complete control over your extraction.
The Bruer is quite fast compared to some cold brewers, capable of brewing in as little as three hours. In most cases, however, a brewing time of closer to 12 hours is recommended.
This should produce up to 600ml of concentrate, which is perfect for storing in the fridge to make hot and cold brews for up to two weeks.
All parts are constructed from borosilicate glass, which is tougher than normal glass, so even with the odd accident, the Bruer should last you for years to come.
How The Bruer Cold Coffee Maker Works
The Cold Bruer’s upper chamber holds ice and water and features a flow regulation rod that can be adjusted to change the water’s dripping rate. The center chamber holds a filter and the ground coffee, which is slowly pelted by water drops. The bottom chamber collects the cold brew concentrate as it slowly drains from the coffee bed and through the filter.
The entire process takes 3 to 12 hours and yields up to 600 ml of concentrate. The resulting cold drip coffee is full-flavoured with a smooth, silky body. Cold brew coffee is less acidic and less bitter than hot brewed coffee, which makes it versatile and perfect for iced drinks.
The Bruer Cold Coffee Maker comes with a pack of 100 paper filters that are the same size as Aeropress filters. If you’d like a cup with a heavier body, try using a reusable stainless steel filter instead of paper. The Bruer is made with borosilicate glass, stainless steel, and comes in 3 colors of food-grade silicone to match any setting.
When it’s all said and done, the cold brew concentrate can be stored in the fridge for up to two weeks, to be used on demand for iced coffee, iced lattes, and mixed drinks.
Bruer Cold Drip System Features
Slow-Drip Cold Brew – Cold brew coffee brewed with a slow drip, rather than immersion.
Adjustable Drip Rate – An adjustment rod allows you to choose the drip rate that best matches your grind size and time goals.
Multiple Filters – The Bruer includes paper filters, but also works with steel and mesh filters.
Low Acidity And Bitterness – Cold brew coffee naturally extracts less acidic and bitter compounds, producing a smoother, more gentle beverage.
3 Colours – The Bruer’s food-grade silicone comes in grey, red, and blue.
- Materials: Borosilicate Glass, Stainless Steel, Food-Grade Silicone
- Yield: Up to 600 ml
- Includes 100 Paper Filters
- All AeroPress Filters Including Steel work with the Bruer
- Coffee Grinders
* Rural and remote areas may attract longer shipping times but we make every effort to ensure we provide the fastest delivery times possible. * Please note bulky orders to rural, remote & offshore areas in excess of 25kg may attract additional delivery fees.
Delivery times above are estimates only. Delivery times apply from the date of dispatch, not the date orders are received and refer to business days not calendar days. We make every attempt to ensure all deliveries arrive within the estimated time frames above however sometimes events occur that are out of our control. If your order is more than 2 business days late based on the above guidelines please contact us and provide your name, order number and date of order. – Barista Warehouse Team
Barista Warehouse ReturnsBarista Warehouse offers a hassle returns and exchange policy that lets you return any purchased item for a store credit, refund or exchange for another item provided that it meets the following conditions:
- The item is returned within 14 days from the date of your order.
- Presents 'as new' in appearance, is unused and show no signs of use, wear and tear or damage. We cannot accept a return for items that have been used.
- Be packaged in it's original undamaged packaging with all product tickets and tags.
- The item's original packaging is not marked or used as the outer layer of packaging for transport. Please ensure you do not attach anything to the outside of the original packaging.
- Barista Warehouse is not responsible for any freight charges on returned items unless the item(s) being returned have arrived damaged or faulty in which case we will send a pre-paid return label to send the item back.
- Items being returned must include a copy of the receipt/invoice for the order.
- We do not accept returns on any machines, electrical parts, special order items, apparel, books, posters and dvds. So please choose wisely.
- Items returned with a value >$400 will be eligible for a store credit or exchange only.
All returns must be authorised by Barista Warehouse before sending the item back to us. Please contact one of our friendly Team Members via email@example.com or using the contact form online for our Returns Address and instructions to get the ball rolling and start the return process.
Incorrect/Faulty/Damaged ItemsIn the unlikely event that your order has been damaged on the way to you, is faulty on arrival or you have simply received an incorrect item in your order or it does not match the product description we will help to get this sorted for you as quickly as possible. Please notify us via firstname.lastname@example.org or using the contact form online within 3 business days of receiving your order of any discrepancies or damaged products and we will begin the hassle free return process. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. Faulty or damaged items are subject to the following conditions:
- If an item is faulty or damaged on arrival and the fault/damage amounts to a major failure of the product you are entitled to a refund or a replacement of the product.
- If the item fails to be of acceptable quality but the failure does not amount to a major failure you are entitled to have the item repaired or replaced. Barista Warehouse will determine the extent of the failure once assessed by a team member.
- Faulty/damaged items being returned must include a copy of the receipt/invoice for the order.