OXO Good Grips Cold Brew Coffee Maker
Smooth, Low-Acid Concentrate
Steeping coffee grounds in cold water releases only the most aromatic flavors and delivers a result that is less acidic and less bitter than coffee brewed with hot water and that stays fresh longer. The OXO Good Grips Cold Brew Coffee Maker simplifies this process. With a Rainmaker™ that ensures water is distributed evenly over the grounds, an easily-accessible Brew-Release Switch that allows you to stop and start the draining process, and a removable stainless steel ultra-fine mesh filter, we've got all the hard work covered – all you have to do is add coffee grounds and water and enjoy the concentrate in hot or iced coffee.
(You can also use the same process to brew tea.)
- Brews smooth, delicious low-acid coffee concentrate to prepare hot or cold coffee
- Rainmaker(TM) evenly distributes water for optimal flavor extraction
- Easy-to-access switch activates filtration process while keeping hands clean
- Coffee Maker automatically stops filtering when carafe is removed to prevent unwanted mess
- Stopper with silicone seal keeps coffee in carafe fresh in the fridge
- Stopper features convenient measurement markings
- Ultra-fine mesh filter is reusable and easy to clean
- Sized to fit neatly on countertops
- Coffee Maker comes apart for cleaning and nests for storage
Place the Brewing Container on Stand and make sure the Brew-Release Switch on the Stand is in the up/off position. Add 10 oz of coarsely ground coffee (we recommend weighing your coffee, but this is roughly 3.5 cups) to the Brewing Container.
Place the Rainmaker™ on top of the Brewing Container. Pour 40oz (5 cups) of water over the Rainmaker™ in a circular motion to ensure even distribution. Adding water to freshly ground coffee causes the grounds to expand and bubble, a process known as "blooming." This is due to the rapid release of carbon dioxide. Blooming must finish before the grounds can fully saturate with water and begin to brew. Note that very freshly roasted and ground coffee may bloom for up to 10 minutes. Once blooming is complete, remove the Rainmaker™and gently stir the grounds. Then, brew for 12-24 hours.
Once brewing is finished, slide the Glass Carafe underneath the Stand and press the Brew-Release Switch down to drain. Draining will take approximately 20 minutes, but could vary based on ground size. To enjoy the concentrate before draining is complete, pull out Glass Carafe or flip up Brew-Release Switch to stop the drip. To restart draining, reposition the Glass Carafe and press down on the Switch.
To serve, measure out 2 oz/60 ml (¼ cup) of concentrate using the line on the Carafe's Stopper. Dilute with water, milk or ice, then use the Stopper to seal the Glass Carafe and store the concentrate in the refrigerator to enjoy later. It lasts up to two weeks!
* Rural and remote areas may attract longer shipping times but we make every effort to ensure we provide the fastest delivery times possible.
Delivery times above are estimates only. Delivery times apply from the date of dispatch, not the date orders are received and refer to business days not calendar days. We make every attempt to ensure all deliveries arrive within the estimated time frames above however sometimes events occur that are out of our control. If your order is more than 2 business days late based on the above guidelines please contact us and provide your name, order number and date of order. – Barista Warehouse Team